Monday 24 October 2022

Categorising monkeys

 From this classifying biting and non-biting monkeys task, I have developed a more precise idea and understanding of how computers classify information. The process of categorising starts with identifying patterns, in this case, the characteristics of the monkeys and the background colour. Then, classify the features into groups such as non-biting and biting monkeys. For me, I’ve found out that the majority of non-biting monkeys have green backgrounds and biting monkeys have blue backgrounds. Through this pattern, I am able to identify features that cause a monkey with a green background to be biting and vice versa and make a decision tree to categorise the monkeys. At last, I make an algorithm based on the decision tree and test it with other examples to further improve the algorithm. My algorithm worked and was able to accurately categorise the monkeys from the testing set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Machine Learning

Today I learnt about decision trees. Decision trees are algorithms that classify things according to their features. To train the machine, a...